Iowa Industrial Moderated Newsgroup For Surplus Equipment > Manufacturing Equipment
> Not Warrantied
> Hickok 533, 533A, 534, 534B, 536, 538 upgrade service
Hickok 533, 533A, 534, 534B, 536, 538 upgrade service
Hickok 533, 533A, 534, 534B, 536, 538, series Upgrade Service: V-5
This is an upgrade service offer. Upgrade your tester for greater accuracy and reliability!
This offer is for the upgrade of most any 500 series testers, to one with digital meters for improved accuracy!
With this upgrade you can easily perform accurate tube matching, and set the AC line set more accurately.
Digital meters are important to improve the measurement accuracy of the tester.
Digital meters are more accurate than the old analog meters and many of the old meters are further out of specification
accuracy due to aging of the meters parts.
The offer includes the labor to repair and calibrate the tester, any required parts are extra.
1. Digital AC line set meter (.5% accuracy), this is a major improvement to increase the accuracy of the tester.
This will allow the tester to more closely compare to measured results to other true Gm tester and to compare the
test result to the tube specification values in the tube manuals like the 539B and the 539C can do.
2. Digital bias voltage meter adds to the testers accuracy and the ability to match tubes by knowing the actual DC bias
voltage applied to the tube at test.
3. Digital plate current meter added which is always in the circuit to measure plate current on any tube measured.
This is necessary to allow you to correctly match tubes.
In addition the tester will serviced and calibrated to factory standards.
Optional upgrades are also available if requested:
1. Solid state SS-83 properly designed for replacement of the 83 mercury vapor power tube.
2. Solid state SS-5Y3 properly designed for replacement of the 5Y3 power tube.
3. High current 6.3 volt @ 6.0 Amp filament transformer, for testing high filament current tubes.
4. Precision measurement circuit calibration, with modern Precision components.
5. Other digital meter variations are also available.